skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Happy International Women's Day! Today we will start our reading and analysis of The House on Mango Street, by Sandra Cisneros. The book was first published in 1984. Acclaimed by critics and taught in a wide range of schools in the US (from high schools to universities across the country), the novel is a collection of vignettes that tell us the story of a young Latina girl, Esperanza Cordero, growing up in Chicago.
As an introduction to our analysis and discussions, please watch the following videos of Sandra Cisneros. We will talk about them in our next class.
The House on Mango Street: A Book Dedicated to Women
Happy International Women's Day! Today we will start our reading and analysis of The House on Mango Street, by Sandra Cisneros. The book was first published in 1984. Acclaimed by critics and taught in a wide range of schools in the US (from high schools to universities across the country), the novel is a collection of vignettes that tell us the story of a young Latina girl, Esperanza Cordero, growing up in Chicago.
As an introduction to our analysis and discussions, please watch the following videos of Sandra Cisneros. We will talk about them in our next class.
Posted by
Sol Márquez
at
2:46 AM
Labels:
The House on Mango Street
Email This
BlogThis!
Share to X
Share to Facebook

2 comments:
It is a pleasure to watch and listen to Sandra Cisneros, the author of the book we're reading. I really love his accent and tone of voice.
Comments and clarifications she makes about 'The house of Mango Street' give me a lot of answers to common questions I've been asking myself as I have advanced in the reading.
The book is delighting me and I'm very sad because I don't want it to be finish...
I really love this fantastic book! I think that it is very easy to read and it talks about many interesting topics that make us to reflect.
I love also Sandra Cisneros and this interview. All of us have a period when we do not know what are our choices as Esperanza show in this book.
Sandra Cisneros says that she had a very difficult time in her graduate time, she realised that she had never talked about her house and her neighbourhood and she had a sense of shame.
I think that Sandra is a very interesting person and I would like to know more about her.
I like this kind of activities because I realise that I am improving my English level.
Thank you very much!
Post a Comment